Today I wanted to share a cheap and easy way to soften & soothe dry, itchy skin.
An oatmeal bath can bring you relief from a rash you may have due to an allergic reaction, eczema, dry skin caused by indoor heaters, or anything else that’s causing your skin to itch.
What you’ll need:
• 1/2 cup – 1 cup of organic oatmeal, any type of unflavored oats will work
• A piece of fabric ( I cut a square out of an old t-shirt), you can also use an old sock or a cotton muslin bag
• A rubberband or piece of string
• Optional: lavender essential oil
• Fill the tub up with warm water
• Squeeze the oatmeal pouch to release the liquid – the bath water will turn milky white.
• Optional: Stir 6-10 drops of lavender essential oil into the water, which is also great for soothing skin and is very calming.
• Soak for 10 – 20 minutes
• Rinse off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry when you’re done.
I’d love to know if you try this!
Do you have any skin issues that you need relief from?
Did you like this post? Sign up here to have more natural skincare + healthy living tips sent to your inbox