This is a great natural method for getting an extremely deep clean + leaving your hair shiny and smooth with less frizz (great news if you have curly hair like I do.)
Sometimes called the “no-poo” method, it will remove dirt & build up from hair products without damaging your hair. Many shampoos have surfactants like Sodium Lauryl Sulfate & Sodium Laureth Sulfate that strip your hair of its natural oils and harm the cuticle layer of the hair (Leaving it dry and dull).
Try this method if you have psoriasis and find normal shampoo to be too harsh. It’s also known to relieve an itchy, flaky scalp (check out another solution in this post) and will restore your hair & scalps ph balance.
What you’ll need:
What to do:
1. Mix 1/4 cup of raw apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of water
2. Make your baking soda into a paste with a little bit of water in the palm of your hand
3. Wet your hair and then massage the baking soda into your scalp.
4. Rinse well with water (or be prepared for lots of fizzing like the volcano science experiment you may have done as a kid)
5. Rinse hair with apple cider vinegar solution
6. Rinse again with cool water (Condition afterwards, if you’d like)
If you pre-mix your vinegar and water, refrigerate or use within 2 weeks (I mix a fresh batch every time I wash my hair)
* The baking soda may be too harsh to use everyday, a couple of times a week may be all you need, or if you do it more often I would just use the vinegar rinse. Some people who have tried this have mentioned a transition period where their hair was greasy at first after using this method – stick with it and you should see great results.)
Do you use this method? Or do you think you’ll try it? Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Sign up below for weekly inspiration, DIY skin & body care tips + updates