Extra virgin olive oil has been used for centuries for health & beauty.
Read on to learn my top 7 favorite reasons to use olive oil everyday:
1. Olive oil is rich in vitamins E and K, fatty acids + antioxidants, which are all great for the skin topically and internally.
2. When applied to your skin, olive oil helps build a barrier to prevent moisture loss. This keeps your skin soft and supple. It also provides a layer of protection from damaging environmental toxins (air pollution, uva radiation, tobacco smoke, etc).
3. It can help keep your skin youthful. The antioxidants in olive oil can help prevent the loss of collagen & elastin caused by free radicals (which can cause wrinkling and sagging of the skin).
4. Olive oil has an anti-inflammatory compound called oleocanthal, which can help calm inflammatory conditions like psoriasis, eczema and dandruff. Oleocanthal has been found to have an anti-inflammatory effect similar to Ibuprofin. [Source]
5. The polyphenols in olive oil have antimicrobial benefits, which can help protect you from skin infections caused by bacteria & yeast.
6. Olive oil has a longer shelf life than many other vegetable oils.
7. According to a recent study, “extra virgin olive oil may reduce DNA damage caused by consuming genetically modified soybean products. “ More info here: http://www.oliveoiltimes.com/olive-oil-health-news/olive-oil-may-reduce-dna-damage-gmo-soybean/40424
What’s your favorite way to use olive oil? Inspire others to stay healthy by sharing it on my facebook page!